Every Masonic lodge has a Masonic Refreshment Committee that comprises of 3 Master Masons. They include the following:
- The Senior or Junior Steward
- The Senior Deacon
- The Junior Warden who is the Chairman of the committee
Here are the duties of the Masonic Refreshment Committee
- They contact the Worshipful master before every meeting and confirm the total number of guests expected and if additional guests will be expected.
- They ensure that the dining areas and kitchen are clean before meetings and after meetings.
- They ensure that all cutlery and dinnerware are clean and made available at all times.
- They ensure that enough drink and food is provided for guests and lodge members at all functions.
A copy of these duties and rules might be made available to members of the Refreshment Committee so that they would fully understand their Lodge duties and carry them out.